Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy May!

Another semester is drawing to a close.  I just submitted final grades, and am in that strange state of being that one is in just after submitting grades.  It is a mixture of intense anxiety and looming enormous relief.  The anxiety is because you know this matters very much to the students, and you hope you were fair, and you worry that some will be upset and will write angry or painful notes.  The looming enormous relief wants to break through, but for a while that anxiety is pretty intense.

But I am especially happy to be finished now, because I am on sabbatical next year!  And, in fact, I am in my library carrel right now, about to resume work on one of my writing projects!

Meanwhile, this heron family has been keeping me company through all of the end of semester busyness.

No comments:

Post a Comment