Saturday, November 08, 2008

Election Maps

This is my favorite election map:



It is from this website: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2008/

It uses red, blue, and shades of purple in between to indicate percentages of votes, at the county level. And so it provides a more nuanced view of voter choices across the country.

From this other (also fun) map, I found that in the small county I grew up in (but no longer live in), Obama lost by one vote! But Obama still won in that state. In fact, Obama won in all states where I've lived!

I know that not everyone agrees with me, but I am happy about the results of the presidential election, for a lot of reasons. It will be interesting to see how things continue to unfold from here.

2 comments:

  1. Now my home county has gone a perfect 50-50! So it turns gray on the map. I looked at the other states, and I think there is only one other gray county! So, if I still lived in my home county, my vote would have tipped the balance! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now my home county has gone blue! While the state is blue, my home county is the only one in the rural region where I used to live that has gone blue. Now the difference is about 50 votes. The other county I found that was gray still is.

    ReplyDelete