Saturday, October 11, 2008

Running Again, and Other Updates

I am running again. Some running friends had advised me to lay off for two weeks, but I did go out this morning (one day shy of two weeks), and everything seems fine. I'm glad! It feels good to be doing this again. I've lost some of my hard-won conditioning, but not as much as I had feared.

My life has gotten very busy again. It's back up to Level III. Mostly I've not minded because I'm enjoying all that I'm doing. I think I mentioned that I've been resuming my efforts at getting a Peace Studies program going at my University. That's a big reason why I have been extra-busy. But this feels important, in a way that I find very satisfying. So I don't mind this extra outlay of energy. If this gets accepted, the actual implementation will not be so hard, and will involve work I really enjoy.

And, in light of the state of the economy, I've been wondering again what money really is. My concerns at the time of that posting was that new money seems to be made out of wishful thinking. I'm thinking that I may have been right. Maybe this would be a good time for a "jubilee." Take whatever money is left, divide it by the number of people, and distribute it evenly, and see what happens. Would that be a good way to press the "reset" button on the economy?

No comments:

Post a Comment