Saturday, December 22, 2007

More Snow, and Huge Piles of Grading!

We've had yet more snow. Some of the Ridges have collapsed into the sidewalks. Since my car is still in the shop getting fixed, I've been doing lots of walking around town, and so I've seen (and walked through) lots of these mini-avalanches.

Meanwhile, we had final exam week this past week. Now I have lots and lots of grading to do.

I'm astonished to realize that Christmas is just three days away!

Needless to say, I'm not ready for it! But I am keeping things simple this year. (I've been forced to, by my busy life, and my having to get along without a car for the past week.)

It's strange how different life feels when I know that the semester is over and the students are gone. A lot of faculty disappear too. Our work is not over -- we have all this grading to do. Nevertheless, everyone suddenly is just gone. Our university shuts down completely for the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. I think they even turn the heat way down! Our grades are due just after the new year begins.

I'm seriously considering ignoring grading completely until after Christmas. That will give me a little time to get ready for Christmas, which would be nice.

In case I don't get a chance to write again, I wish my readers Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment