Saturday, February 17, 2007

More on a Deeper Trust

I thought I would share a few more thoughts on the deeper trust I seek to learn.

This deeper trust again moves beyond naive trust and facile disillusionment.

It is grounded ultimately in belief in redemptive power: even despite the ways that people let each other down, there is a greater good that cannot be destroyed by the transitory nature of human failings.

And in my own personal quest, I realize that the nature of the deeper trust I seek has something to do with me. Do I trust myself enough? Even in humble awareness of my own failings, do I dare to believe in myself in a stronger and deeper way?

If I cannot learn to trust myself in this deeper way, I cannot possibly learn to trust others in the new way I seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment