Monday, December 04, 2006

And Now for a Musical Interlude!

I just said in a comment that I'm now working feverishly on Installment III of my Quakers, Science, and Knowledge report, but while a half-finished version is happily taking a nap in the "unpublished drafts" chamber behind the scenes of this blog, the truth is that I probably won't be working on it further right now, as I am just back from a music rehearsal -- and yes, note how late it is!

I've been asked to play traverso (baroque flute) in Marc-Antoine Charpentier's Messe de Minuit pour Noel, and we instrumentalists had our first rehearsal tonight. It was so good to be playing music with others again! And it is such beautiful music!

So, I am happy!

1 comment:

  1. One of the nicer things about philosophy is that in a conversation that has been going on for 25 centuries there isn't much need to hurry to make your next comment.

    We are moving along in the semester and I've got exams to write and then I'll be grading them. Take your time and enjoy your music.

    ReplyDelete