Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Whirlwind Life

Lots has been happening.

I went away last weekend on one trip (Friday through Sunday). I go away this weekend on another trip (Friday through Sunday again). Both trips are important events. I think I've been handling my new challenges well, but just barely. Meanwhile, I'm holding my life back at home together, but also just barely. Fortunately, my students this semester are really terrific, and so teaching my classes always recharges my positive energy.

What does it take to try to make a positive difference in the world? It takes a lot of strength, because the world fiercely resists change, even positive change.

Where does one find strength? Through discernment and lots of prayer. Good friends help enormously.

I'll write more specifically about all of this soon. Right now, I'm spent. But I know that teaching about Kant's Prolegomena to Any Future Metaphysics tomorrow will renew me! It always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment