Friday, March 31, 2006

Home Again, Home Again

My travels back home all went well. I'm in a bit of a daze to be back. I was gone just long enough that everything looks a little odd; yet what is most remarkable is how little has changed, really.

Recovering from jet lag will be further complicated by the fact that the U.K. changed to "summer time" last weekend, and here in the U.S. we change to "daylight savings time" this weekend. So, that means I'm going through three time changes in the span of a week.

Will I be able to face the complexity of my life here again? We shall see. Certain things clarified for me while I was there, but the challenge of putting my new insights about myself and my work into action here seems a bit daunting at the moment.

But I'm only just back. I must be patient with myself. So first, I immerse myself in what I am glad to return to. I get to see a replay of the coming of spring. (The weather here is a few weeks behind what it was there in the U.K.) Catching up with friends is fun. Being able to practice music in real privacy again (without worrying about disturbing those within earshot) is fun. I am happy to be able to take pleasant walks in the country and in this quiet village again. It will be good to re-visit the particular places here that I like -- my favorite places to get cups of coffee and tea; my Meeting here; home. I'm happy to see my local newspaper again, and to listen to NPR again.

Speaking of news, I was delighted to see in the paper this morning that Jill Carroll was released! I had not heard this yesterday, since I was traveling all day, so it was a surprise to be greeted with this good news this morning!

Ok, more soon, when I get my bearings again!

No comments:

Post a Comment