- Am I wanting from others what only God can give? Is my restlessness really a call to deepen my own spiritual life, my own capacity for prayer?
- Is what I want from others a way of showing me what I need to learn how to give to others? Am I very good at reaching out to others as I wish they would reach out to me?
- How am I being called to participate in deepening the spiritual life of my Meeting?
- Can I forgive my Friends in Meeting for not being all I want them to be? Is it mine to determine how other Friends should be?
- Have I taken the time to take stock of my unmet spiritual needs, as clearly and carefully as I can? Have I offered these in prayer, and then have I been alert for the quiet and maybe surprising ways that Life has offered to address these needs?
- What happens if I face seriously the possibility that, in our broken world, my needs will not always be met by others immediately? Can I still survive? Are there things I can do to help ensure that these needs be met? Are they truly needs, or are they desires? Can I live compassionately with my own woundedness? Does my awareness of my own woundedness help me to become more compassionate of others’ woundedness?
- Can I keep learning to love more genuinely and fully, even if I do not feel well-loved myself?
5 years ago