Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Prayers Continue

I continue to pray for the Christian Peacemaker Team hostages. What does the long silence mean? I find this bewildering. The way I have been keeping up with the news is through the Free the Captives site, maintained by Chuck Fager and John Stephens, who are friends of Tom Fox, one of the hostages. Their site has links to other helpful sources as well.

In addition, I am now also worried about (and praying for) Jill Carroll, the journalist recently kidnapped. The Christian Science Monitor has a page devoted to updates on her situation.

I find it hard to understand what kidnapping is supposed to accomplish. I find it hard to believe that it is a very successful strategy. The reason I am trying to understand is that I am trying to figure out what it would take to convince kidnappers to just let their hostages go.

No comments:

Post a Comment